Rilke and friends mash up
- To die would be an awfully big adventure
- But to die one would lose a life of love
- Young people
- are not yet capable of love
- I love you without knowing how.
- I love you simply, without problems or pride.
- Always trust yourself and your own feeling
- Criticism is only self-doubt
- So am I to trust my doubt?
- The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt
- doubt can become a good quality
- doubt can turn into criticism
- People ask you for criticism, but they only want praise.
- And yet criticism is mostly bad
- Patience is everything
- Creativity does not come through patience
- If you trust in Nature
- your Solitude will be a support and home for you
- but in solitude I am alone
- we are solitary
- One can acquire everything in solitude except character
- One cannot find patience in nature
- How strange that Nature does not knock, and yet does not intrude
- Indeed
- Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience
- and the pace of my life will flow with it.
- If I find peace and patience,
- my self-doubt with disappear,
- my criticism will be of help,
- Love will find me,
- I will find me in solitude for
- the monotony and solitude of a quiet life stimulates the creative mind.
- And
- The great man is he who in the midst of the crowd keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude.
1. J.M. Barre
3. R.M. Rilke Letters to a Young Poet (68)
4. R.M. Rilke Letters to a Young Poet (68)
5. Pablo Neruda
6. Pablo Neruda
7. R.M. Rilke Letters to a Young Poet (23)
10. Sylvia Plath
11. R.M. Rilke Letters to a Young Poet (102)
13. W. Somerset Maugham
15. R.M. Rilke Letters to a Young Poet (25)
17. R.M. Rilke Letters to a Young Poet (33)
18. R.M. Rilke Letters to a Young Poet (44)
20. R.M. Rilke Letters to a Young Poet (87)
21. Stendhal
23. Emily Dickinson
25. Ralph Waldo Emerson
32. Albert Einstein
34. Ralph Waldo Emerson
This project took many days of compiling quotes and researching many interesting people and seeing what they had to say on some of Rilke's more interesting quotes. One of the hardest parts for this assignment was the way I would put these quotes together to make one continuous coherent 'chapter'. But now that it is over with, I find that I should have spent more time making these lines flow better. I especially like the ending where I try to tie everything I had talked about previously into one nice, clean ending. I ended with an Emerson quote because I feel that Rilke is a transcendentalist in disguise. He always talked about nature and solitude...Transcendentalist ideas...So all in all, I could have done better, but I am happy with what I have achieved in one week of work.
And now an inspirational...quote?

No comments:
Post a Comment