Over the past week or so in my Humanities class we have been talking about a guy named Rob Forbes. Rob Forbes...well to skip the whole monologue about him I have a link to Ted.com for a quick explanation of him. I'll wait until you've read a bit about him.
Welcome back! Now in my Humanities class we were tasked with the idea of finding regular things and seeing if there is an accidental design or image given with a specific thing. Take a street for instance...
Now you see that on both sides the cars line up just right and the buildings have a nice cool look to them. Unintended or rather a spontaneous design. Don't you agree?
You see this wasn't just Forbes idea, it was Gabriel Orozcos' too. Here is a link to Wikipedia for a quick explanation of Orozco. Orozco walks around the city or in urban places and takes pictures, creates designs or ideas from what people would not really recognize. As a class we took this idea of the unintended design and went out into the world to create our own masterpieces.
Seeing as I am not the most creative person in the world, most of my pictures were of a wall or my guitar with a hat on its head.
So you see, I'm not the greatest at unintended design...But I am good at creating design. At least I tell myself that I am.
I borrowed some of my classmates pictures and decided to create a pathway almost, like a street or road one is traveling down. With a leap of faith I took a picture with a stone pattern on it and cut it out by the stones. While keeping the picture looking the same I spread all my freshly cut pieces out. That was my pathway. I told you that I tell myself i'm a good designer! Finally online I found a picture of a cartoon hobo and cut him out and pasted him in the center of the page:
Well anyways for me taking the pictures, finding them to begin with, was hard. But the whole 'creative process' so to speak was really easy for me. I encourage you to try this. It is NOT as easy as you think, take this from someone who experienced it the hard way. Good luck on your travels through the creative process and I hope to be ranting once again very soon.
Once again it is time for a random picture. Isn't this the coolest thing ever?!?!?!
No, I do not know what this contraption is. Well the picture isn't so random...UNINTENDED DESIGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment